Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

A Day with Roby and Renee

Matthew 5:14-16

14 "You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. 15 Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. 16 In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.

When I think of Roby and Renee, this verse always comes to mind. Their love for the Lord shines like a bright light, radiating and touching everyone they meet!  Rick and I are so blessed to have them as friends!

I met Roby and Renee some 15 or so years ago, when I got involved with the Hotter 'N Hell 100, and we've been friends ever since.
Roby with his 2nd catch of the evening.
 
Renee with Maggie (black lab) and Zoe (Min Pin Mix)

We were thrilled to get a call from them to come out to their Jack County Ranch and spend an afternoon riding around checking out the sights and sounds, and feeding the turtles and fish.  I enjoyed Renee's story of the animals that have made the ranch their home.  Renee told us about some orphaned baby birds (and I can't remember what kind -- but they look like tree bark)   that they rescued and took to the Wild Bird Rescue.  The WBR nurtured the baby birds and sometime later -- Renee and her grand kids were able to release them back out on the ranch.

Renee also told us about a beat up raccoon they named Troubles.  Why Troubles -- well, the poor little guy evidently was not a fighter and was getting licked by some other raccoons.  He was missing an ear, his tail, and eventually lost an eye in fights with the other raccoons.  Renee made sure he got plenty to eat and drink -- and tried to make his life a little easier.  Eventually, Troubles passed away.

Roby and Renee had so many interesting stories about the vegetation and animals.  I wished I had a photographic memory -- so I could retell them here on my blog.  Unfortunately, my brain is full -- and something has to fall out before anything new can go in!!!!  Quite honestly, I think if anything falls out -- it'll be my entire brain -- so I guess I should be content with my really crappy memory!


Roby hand feeding one of the gi-normous catfish

Gi-normous catfish eating

And -- to top it off, we got a glimpse of some black-bellied whistling ducks that have made Roby and Renee's ranch home!  I should mention that it is not common to find these ducks this far north.



 

Anyhoo -- it was a fantastic, peaceful, and totally fun day. Rick got to get in some fly casting time, I got to play with my camera, and we were treated to a great meal cooked by Roby and Renee! I can't think of a better way to spend a Saturday afternoon!

 Renee and Maggie watching the fishermen
Rick practicing his casting
Zoe contemplating world problems
Roby checking out some flies

Roby and Rick talking fly fishing

Well, got to get back to work -- but, I wanted to get this post out there.

Thank you Roby and Renee for a splendid Saturday -- but most of all, for your friendship!

Have a great evening!

: ^ }  Frances

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful day! Thanks for sharing it.
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Frances, you sure do take some nice photos. I like seeing such great shots of the fish. They're downright prehistoric! The one of Rick casting is excellent! You're such a talented lady.

    ReplyDelete

Translate Please

Followers

Labels

Powered By Blogger

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP