Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

2/2 Twozday and the start of fifty/fifty fotos (or f3)

Hola and happy Ground Hog Day.  From what I understand, Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow today so it's six more weeks of winter.  I performed my own ground hog day test around 11:30 a.m. CST today.  Now please note, had I done my testing at 8:00 or 9:00 a.m. this morning, I would have had the opposite results.

As you can see from the pictures below, my moose is clearly casting a shadow -- so to back up Punx Phil's result, it's six more weeks of winter!

Hank loves stuffed animals and was trying to carry my moose away.

On to my fifty/fifty fotos -- or code name f3 -- I'm not clever enough, or probably more accurately not committed enough to do a 365 day photo blog.  So -- I'm biting the bullet and committing myself to a foto a day for fifty days using my fifty mm lens.  I applaud all the photo bloggers who commit to a 365 day photo blog -- because, even though it sounds easy (taking a picture a day), it's really not.  It takes an investment in time, energy, and creative juices.  365 Photo Bloggers are awesome and inspiring!!!!

All the photos on today's post were shot with my Nikon 50mm f/1.8 lens (except for the WFLAR Magzine cover which was scanned).  I so would love to have Elizabeth's Nikon f/1.4 lens (hey Rick, maybe for our 50th wedding anniversary????)!

My friend who has challenged me to commit to this project is fellow photographer Elizabeth Borland Hawley.  Elizabeth is a writer, editor and photographer extraordinaire.  I equate her to the Energizer Bunny on creative cola!

Here's Elizabeth, the Founding Editor of the Wichita Falls Literature and Arts Review Magazine hard at work.
We were preparing the WFLAR Winter 2010 for mailing.

 

 
If you are a local artist and would like to submit to the magazine, check out their website for more information.  

Well it's over and out -- have a great evening!

;~D Frances

PS - please consider becoming a subscriber to the WFLAR!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you Frances, a 365 commitment is a lot to handle. More than I could manage though I did think about it this past December. I'll be watching for your f3 photos!

    To heck with Day of the Hog (Groundhog that is), it's all about the Moose! Hank knows his stuff ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sharon! LOL! Hank appreciates your backing! I love the photos you have on the Sweetest of Days!!!! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Translate Please

Followers

Labels

Powered By Blogger

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP