Search This Blog

Monday, August 24, 2009

Wow, am I ever behind!

We returned home around midnight Saturday from Lake City, Colorado. The fly fish(singular)ing was great. Well, it was for the fish. Over the three days that I fished, I caught one, itty, bitty, fish. And -- no, I don't have a picture of it!

Rick did much better. I think the biggest trout he caught was 14 inches -- or was it 17 inches????? Honestly, I lost count of the number and size of the trout Rick caught. It kindof made me crazy looking over at him catching fish after fish, and all I managed to do was to snag my fly on rocks, branches, my skin, you name it - if it was close, I snagged it! Evidently, my crappy casting was giving the fish the heebie jeebies -- and they stayed far, far away from me. I think Rick should thank me! I bet the fish I scared went straight over to him. Yeah -- that's the ticket! Oh, to live in my delusional world!

I digress. It was warmer than I expected -- hovering in the high 70's and low 80's the entire week. But, when you compare it to the weather we left behind (100's) the temps were much, much cooler.

I still need to catch up on photos I took in Boston a couple of weeks ago -- but alas, it's Hotter N Hell 100 week -- and I've got to get ready for it. Oh, don't worry, I'm not riding, I'll be working!!!! I know some of you were getting ready to take out a quick life insurance policy on me!

Anyhoo -- here's a photo I took outside of our hotel in Boston - The Royal Sonesta Boston. I'm hoping you find that it looks aged and worn. The photo itself was rather drab, as it rained almost everyday we were there. So, me and trusty Photoshop went to work and made it look even drabber!


Click on the picture to enlarge.

I hope to get caught up on work -- and then I'll start looking at the 1000's of pictures I've taken over the past month to see if there is anything worth sharing.

I hope you all have a great week!

;} Frances

PS -- I now have an additional 5 lbs to tack on to the previous 5 lbs to work off. I need to take a healthy vacation sometime (the kind where I have to live off the land). Can anyone assist me in giving me a good kick in the rear to get me started on the road to working out??????

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate Please

Followers

Labels

Powered By Blogger

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP