Search This Blog

Monday, December 1, 2008

Polaroid


First and foremost -- a shout out to my birthday boy -- Nickolaus (click on Blog Archive November and you can click on the link for pics of Nick) -- who turned 27 years old today. Happy Birthday Nick -- I love you!
Leave me at home with time to play -- and that's exactly what I'll do. So -- my newest template is the Polaroid. And yes, we have a picture of the very photogenic Stone family! I must get back to cooking. I am making turkey pot pie with the leftovers we had from our Thanksgiving. The recipe is from my friend Vickie. And -- you should try it -- it is very easy -- and very tasty.


V’s Chicken Pot Pie

2 large cans chicken breast (drained)
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of potato soup
1 small can of veg all (drained)
½ cup milk
1 onion minced
1-2 cloves garlic minced
2 tbl butter
1 tbl olive oil

2 Pie Crust shells (cook the bottom shell as directed on package). I am soooo lazy that I buy the shells (2 - deep dish in tins) and 1 box Pillsbury Pie Crust (found in the refrigerated section) for the top crust. This way, I have one for now and one for next time. I have never, ever made a good pie crust -- and if I can pick it up ready to go -- then by golly -- that's how it's gonna be!

Cook the onions in the butter and olive oil until tender. Add the minced garlic at the end. Combine all the ingredients in the pan with the onions. Add salt, pepper and a pinch of sage to taste. Heat till bubbly.

Pour into the baked pie crust shell. Add top shell – make a few vent holes. Cook in 400 degree oven for 30 minutes (cover edges of pie with foil if edges cook too quickly) until golden.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't tried this recipe yet but I did try making the cookies. Boy! Did they turn out doughy! They were soo not edible. I don't know where I went wrong. They ended up being treats for my dogs.

    ReplyDelete

Translate Please

Followers

Labels

Powered By Blogger

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP