Search This Blog

Saturday, February 6, 2010

F3 5/50

Raise the roof, I'm 1/10th of the way to the finish line. Yeah, I know, it's a tad bit early to celebrate -- but I am!

Today's post comes to you courtesy of the pesky squirrels that drove two of my dogs insane yesterday! There had to be at least ten squirrels hopping from tree to tree for over four hours. The squirrels would come down low, bristle their tails, and bark at the dogs (more like a chirp), then leap from tree to tree. It was as if they were playing keep away with the dogs.

Now I know this is not a great picture, but you can see four of the little monsters in this shot of maybe a third of the tree.  

 
Here's Chunky Munky focused on a squirrel.


 
Hank was on the other side focused on a different squirrel.

Hhhhmmmmmmmm -- where's the other two?  For whatever reason, they don't get into squirrel watching.  I wonder why some dogs do and some dogs don't.  I guess that's the same reason some people hunt, and some people don't????  The other two were staying put indoors, in the sunny living room.


 
 What, the floor is too cold or something on your feet??????  Maybe he has been paying attention to the squirrels?????

 
Blue just looking purty and staying warm.

It's Super Bowl weekend -- better hit the grocery stores and stock up on salty, greasy football kindof food.  If you aren't a football fan (or fanatic), there's always the movies.

Speaking of movies, my girlfriend Carolyn and I saw The Lovely Bones yesterday.  It's kindof an odd movie that didn't quite end the way I wanted it to.  I give it a three stars out of five -- I got a little stressed out near the end.  To find out why -- you'll just have to see it.

I went to another movie in the evening with Rick -- this time -- it was Avatar 3D.  It's just amazing.  Truthfully, I was checking my watch at about halfway through (it's a three hour movie) -- after that -- there was no more watch checking!  It's a really cool movie, especially in 3D.  I give this one a Frances four stars out of five.

So -- go out an have a great weekend!!!!!

;~D  Frances

7 comments:

  1. Gah, you probably hear this all the time, but let me put my hat in my hand and repeat what countless others have probably said to you.

    Your photos are so amazing. They remind me of the candid photos found in Time-Life books. You know those candid ones of the president at his desk, with his sleeves rolled up? They're perfect portraits in crisp focus.

    The same is true of basically anything you photograph -- your dogs, oil, squirrels. You have such incredible talent.

    The photo from an earlier post of Elizabeth from Witchita Falls is a perfect example of those candid presidential photos.

    And naturally this makes me wish we lived closer so you could make an incredible portrait of me and my family.

    Are you near Motown? I didn't think so.

    p.s. Can I call you fek? It sounds like speck and I like that as a nickname. If not, that's cool too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CG -- thank you for the kind words. And yes, you can call me FEK!

    Hey, maybe some day, I'll get to travel to Motown -- and look you up! That would be incredible. I will of course, have my camera with me!!!!

    Thank you again!

    fek

    ReplyDelete
  3. FEK .... LOL!

    I hear you on the squirrels! They are coming out of the woodwork this time of year. Lily goes crazy for squirrels and like your dogs will sit there looking up for ever! As if the rodents are actually going to come down and greet her. Winston could care less. After all, he's a Pug.

    My daughter went to see Avatar for the second time last night. She really liked it! It's been a while since I've been to any movie.

    We just came from the grocery store. I think we are set!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I thought the squirrels were all at my house. Looks like they are all over town. I like the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your blog! Just found you after you left a comment on Shadow House creations. So many beautiful captures and some wonderful recipes - can't wait to try them! And read through your blog some more of course!
    Looking forward to seeing more
    Regards

    Anji Johnston

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Anji! So glad you stopped by. OMG -- I checked out your site -- and you are amazing. I love the vibrance and beauty of your work!!!!!!

    Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the last picture of the dog. sitting there all comfortable like that's where he/she belongs. great lighting!

    ReplyDelete

Translate Please

Followers

Labels

Powered By Blogger

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP