Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Wichita Falls Family Portraits | Jared

It's been a few days since I've posted to my blog. Why? Because I've been cleaning and organizing. Where does all the stuff come from????? I filled my roll out trash bin to the top -- and had to leave a huge bag in the house until the trash truck arrives and empties the bin.



Well, at least my work area is now organized.  Anyone want to take bets on how long it will stay neat and tidy??????  I still need to work on my closets -- but I'm just not feeling it today.  Maybe manana!




Thankfully, I can now safely stick my hands in the cabinets and not worry about what I might latch on to!

While cleaning, I did something to my computer -- and lost the sound.  After trying everything I could think of, I finally broke down and called my oldest son Jared.  Luckily, Jared is working strange hours while doing some software testing -- so he was available to check out my problem.

I of course still don't know what was wrong with the sound, the important thing is that he fixed it!!!!!!  Since I had a living, breathing, body to take pictures of -- I pounced at the opportunity!  Jared was kind enough to indulge his mom and allowed me to take some pictures of him!



 
 

I used the Lab Color Method to do the black and white images.  You can check out the "How To" by clicking here.

Well, it's off to the Y for a good ole 2 hour workout (I'm making up for not really making an effort last year).

Have a great day!

;~D Frances


13 comments:

  1. wow, that first picture is so crystal clear i swear i feel like i am right there. i had to touch the screen, lost my balance. no kidding. i'm going to go look again. nice work.

    V

    ReplyDelete
  2. garbage never looked so good. i'm not kidding. i love that one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. okay i'm going to leave for real, but please tell me what camera and lens you use.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Valerie! The trash looked even better as it was heading down the street in the garbage truck! Wow, I feel lighter now!

    I shoot with a Nikon D700 and was using the Nikon 70-200 mm f/2.8 VRII.

    I love this lens. Best one I've ever had!!!

    I'm going to finish reading your "meet the blogger" after dinner -- you had me laughing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh wow, sweeeeet camera and lens. i am a canon girl, but i would totally cheat for results like yours. i think. no, i can't do it. i want a canon slr. the olympus i have is okay, but it doesn't always obey, i have to tell it things twice and the menu can be darn confusing. sweet lens though. f 2.8? wow, wow and wow. and wow.

    oh you're on the think blog. hahahha. either i have to breath some life into it or take it down. i guess when the time is right, i will feel it. or i'll hear a voice. hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I saw you over at V's place (Photo a Day) and her return comment to you said "your pictures make mine look like kid's play."

    So naturally I had to come over to see for myself. And I am still rubbing the goose egg on the back of my noggin from falling over in awe.

    These photos are incredible! Well done and it's nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Cardiogirl! Hey -- so would you or would you not recommend Cape Code for a honeymoon location???? We're trying to come up with a honeymoon -- and I can't think (old age). I love Boston, so I thought it would be cool to travel up the coast. Your thoughts!

    And thank you -- and nice to meet you too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How in the world do you make trash look good? I'm amazed!

    ReplyDelete
  9. (laughs) Believe it or not, Cape Cod was fun. Although they really are sleepy little towns with little activity. They definitely have tourist shops and beaches, but beyond that there's not a lot of action.

    Now that we have three small children, however, I would invite a sleepy little vacation with not much action.

    We did drive into Boston on one of those days and that sort of fulfilled the where's-the-action? feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i checked out that lens and i would need to sell my first born, have another baby and sell that one too to afford it. lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Santa was very, very good to me! I thank God every day for placing him in my path!!!!

    My kids are thankful I didn't have to sell them (I was thinking about doing that -- but decided that since they were bigger than me -- I should just put it on my wish list!!!).

    It is a terrific lens and I am thrilled (and thankful) that I have this as part of my arsenal!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. santa? that's a sugar daddy!! beautiful lens. wow. i found a lens for my olympus within my santa's budget now all i have to do is dress up like a reindeer and present it to him. lol. later.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, I knew EXACTLY which lens you used for the garbage pictures. LOL

    Great photos of your son. His eyes are sharp!

    ReplyDelete

Translate Please

Followers

Labels

Powered By Blogger

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP