Search This Blog

Friday, May 8, 2009

The bits and pieces of The Dandelion Forest


Photoshop Workbench 173: Selecting Around Trees

Posted using ShareThis
The ramblings of this mad woman will hopefully answer Kym's question to The Dandelion Forest (please be patient with my roller coaster ride of an answer).

I'm a huge fan of Mark S. Johnson! He posts a Photoshop lesson to his blog every Thursday. So -- what do I look forward to every Thursday???? You guessed correctly -- his Photoshop lesson!

I used the above lesson to help me create The Dandelion Forest. Click on the blue link underneath the picture (Photoshop Workbench #173) and watch. Mark also has e books available which are also fantastic learning tools. I have Chapter 5 of the Photographer's Photoshop CS4 Companion and will probably purchase a few more chapters (you can now purchase the entire book).

Anyhooooooooo - back to Kym's question on how I put this together. The base for the project is the dandelion picture. I then opened up the shack, and using the background eraser pulled out only what I wanted (the shack, cement steps and trees). I then dragged the shack picture in above the dandelions, scaled it down till it fit, and then using a mask, cut around the dandelions (middle left hand side above the shack) to make it appear that the dandelions were growing from trees. I then worked on the animal pictures (Snoball was dropped in a couple days later), I eliminated the background (background eraser) around Snoball and the goat. Put all the pictures together (after having scaled them down, rotated the goat a bit) -- added several different picture textures, painted in some color here and there, used some TRA Actions, and texturized it -- and finally the final product.

I have a Wacom tablet (Intuos 3) that really makes doing photo art much, much easier. I can't imagine not using a Wacom tablet. Wacom just came out with the Intuos 4 -- and it looks fab!

Well, it's Friiiiiiiiday -- and I must get back to pooper scooper duty and mowing the lawn (started yesterday -- but whew, it felt like Houston on a 100 degree day -- and this girl ain't quite acclimated to heat and high humidty).

Have a wonderful Friday and a restful weekend.

love Frances

1 comment:

  1. You must enter this into the contest here:

    http://www.photoworkshop.com/digimage_contest/

    I want a wacom tablet, we just got one at work and I have not used it yet, but now I am curious! I love this image....enter it!

    ReplyDelete

Translate Please

Followers

Labels

Powered By Blogger

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP