Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Presidential Inauguration 2009


Regardless of who you voted for, Republican, Democratic, Independent, or Libertarian (I'm sure I missed something) you'll have to agree that today is a special day. Our first African American President will be sworn in! Sure we have our problems, but you have to admit, we live in the best country in the world. It's a country where if you have a dream, and you have the drive, you can fulfill those dreams.

I am so fortunate today, that I can stay home and watch the inauguration. I, of course, will be looking at pictures and processing them while watching the events take place -- lucky me!

Last night while Rick, his mom and I were eating chicken pot pie (yes, it's a weekly thing!!!!) we were talking about President Elect Obama requesting to be sworn in on Abraham Lincoln's Bible -- and what an amazing moment that is going to be. It was still on my mind this morning while I was looking at pictures in Photoshop Bridge. My mind wandered to photos from the Civil War -- and "voila" tin type came to mind (see how my mind works). So, I found this blah landscape photo taken at Lucy Park and played with it a little -- and now I have my own little tin type photo.

I hope you enjoy it.

I hope all of you will pray for President and Mrs. Bush, for President Elect and Mrs. Obama and our nation today (and everyday).

God Bless America!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate Please

Followers

Labels

Powered By Blogger

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP