Search This Blog

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Clear out your Camera!!!!!


To give you an idea of where the straw was when I started picture time this morning!

Hank AKA Bat Dog. Put some bat wings on this dude and by golly -- he's a bat!

Lola -- queen of the furry family

Yes- she is sticking her tongue out at me! Poor Blue.

Ok -- she's cleaned up her act in this one! Now we have a good portrait of Blue.

Duhhhhhhhh -- actually I was in a hurry, but you should always remember to zero out your camera before shooting. Why? Well, for example -- this morning, I was on the phone with Rick and I let the dogs in. Hank came in with this piece of grass hanging out of the side of his mouth like he was "chaaawwwwinnng" on it. So I told Rick, "I should hang up so I can grab my camera and get a shot of this"! Well, as luck would have it, the piece of grass was no longer in the really cute location -- because Hank found his piece of chewed up plastic to play with. But all was not lost - Blue and Lola were looking so stinkin cute that I wanted to see if I could get some shots of them. So I'm shooting away -- and not paying attention -- that my camera was bracketing 5 shots and the ISO was set at 640 (1 at the correct exposure, 2 over exposed and 2 under exposed). I do this for interior shots -- so that I can merge all the exposures and capture the highlight and shadow details. Well, crud - I've got pictures underexposed and overexposed - which I could fix in Photoshop (but really don't want to).

So -- note to self, I think I'm going to try to make sure that after every shoot, to zero it out (just in case I need to grab the camera again for something special) -- but you should always check it before shooting to make sure you don't have some wacky settings (like tungsten for outdoors --- or a high ISO for outdoors (you know what I mean)). And last thing, reformat your card every time!

Here are some of the pictures from this morning that started with me seeing Hank and his piece of grass. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate Please

Followers

Labels

Powered By Blogger

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP