Search This Blog

Friday, September 3, 2010

The color green

Woo Hoo (currently jumping up and down doing the woo hoo dance)! After 41 days, I finally received my camera back! I haven't made the time to see if my flash guns still have a little Linda Blair - the Exorcist in them. So keep your fingers crossed that everything is in working order!

I did march my happy pants out back yesterday to play around with my camera. I really wanted to get shots of the four legged beasts (who are barking their heads off right now) but, alas,  they couldn't seem to focus on being still.

So --- I walked over to the chives (one of the few herbs I haven't managed to totally kill) and started clicking away.

While taking pics of the chives I noticed a little, bitty, butterfly (or moth) sitting on one of the flowers. Ugggggghhhhhhh -- I had the 50mm lens on and not my macro lens. Rats, oh well, got to dance with the one that brung you, right?

There was a slight breeze, so I had to wait patiently until the little guy bobbed back into place to try and capture at least one sharp (OK -- it's not razor sharp) picture.


Well, the little bugger had me fooled!  I thought I was taking a picture of his front side, when in fact, the big orange and black dot is on his hind side!

What I like most about this picture is the color green.  It has a calming affect on me.  Hmmmmm,  maybe next go around, I'll paint all my rooms green.  Eeeehhhhhh -- maybe not.  Anyhoo -- check out this link on color psychology.

The dogs are still barking, so I may need to go out back and take in some green to get me back to a peaceful, calm, state.

I hope you all have a safe, wonderful, calm, Laborless Labor Day!

:~P  Frances

PS -- Twicebroken is in Vegas preparing for the finals of the Hard Rock's Battle of the Bands!  I asked Nick to let me know what time they were playing, so that I could mix a cocktail, put their CD on, and pretend I was there cheering them on!

THE DOGS ARE STILL BARKING!!!!!!!!  AAAGGGHHHHHHH!

1 comment:

  1. What an experience to live without your camera for 41 days! I totally understand.

    I like this photograph, too. The flowering chives embellish that particular color of green.

    ReplyDelete

Translate Please

Followers

Labels

Powered By Blogger

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP