Search This Blog

Monday, January 4, 2010

Gosh, can you be in love with a lens? A Frances review of the Nikon 70-200 mm VRII

Santa's Christmas present finally arrived at the door (the wooden floors are wearing out from my pacing) today!

The lens of my dreams is finally mine, all mine, my precious (I'm doing my Gollum from the Hobbit impression now)!

The Nikon 70-200mm VRII lens is amazing!  Heavy, very heavy, but amazing.  I look at it as -- well, now I really have to go to the gym and work out lens!

Anyhoo -- it's waaaayyyy to cold to run around outside and take pictures -- so I only have a few test shots.  I also took a few test shots in my itty, bitty, somewhat dark kitchen.

These shots are straight out of the camera (SOTC) -- although I have to admit that I cropped a few of them.




(Image was cropped in Photoshop)


 


(Image cropped in Photoshop)



(image cropped in Photoshop)


 
 
I've got an unfortunate shake caused by essential tremors -- so, I've shot using the principal of shutter speed being higher than the focal length of my lens (read Masim Mansurov's detailed blog post about taking sharp pictures).

This VRII lens helps me get around this little issue, and I am so totally thrilled!!!!!!!

Oh, did I mention it was fast????  f2.8 -- I am so digging it!

If you'd like more info on this lens -- click on this link.

I know, this isn't a real review, and I didn't really put the lens through tough tests -- but hey, I'm not a camera techie, or brainiac, I'm all visual and have to see it to believe it.

Well by golly, I've seen it and I believe it!!!!

I hope you have a beautiful evening!!!!

;~D  Frances

2 comments:

  1. Great great behind-the-head-with-cute-ears-sticking out shot of the dog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the kind words!

    ReplyDelete

Translate Please

Followers

Labels

Powered By Blogger

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP