Search This Blog

Friday, November 27, 2009

Hollah for some Challah (Bread)

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! We had a great Thanksgiving day with Rick's sister's family in Altus, Oklahoma!

The only problem was -- I over ate. Actually, I over ate for a family of five! I was so stuffed, I didn't have dinner! What??????? No dinner!

Rick's sister Becky is a wonderful cook. She made two dressings (one cornbread, one squash), mashed potatoes, giblet gravy, green bean casserole and fresh bread! OMG -- if you've been reading my blog, you know that I have tried, and tried, and tried to make a decent bread -- to no avail. She makes no knead breads --- no knead???? Yea, no knead. I think I'm in heaven!

She baked a Challah Bread that is out of this world. I'm not sure if there's anything better than hot, fresh bread and butter!

Becky was so kind, she went over the cookbook with me, showing me how easy the no knead recipes are -- anddddddd -- she's ordered me a copy of the cookbook!  THANK YOU SO MUCH BECKY!!!!!!!  I can't wait to whip up my first batch of no knead bread. Oh yea -- and you know I'm going to post a picture of my beautiful bread creations (that is, if they are indeed beautiful)!

Becky also made a couple of homemade pies -- one chocolate and one pumpkin.  Because I over ate -- I had absolutely no belly room for sweets.  Rick went gaga over the pumpkin pie -- so I asked Becky for the recipe.  It's a Paula Deen recipe which you can check out by clicking here.

Ooopppss -- kindof missed the turkey.  Rick has been deep frying turkeys for the past several years -- because -- it's the only way to go!!!  Once you've had deep fried turkey, you just can't go back to oven baked. 

He normally injects the turkey with Tony Chachere's creole style butter marinade, but none was to be found locally.  So -- the turkey got shot up with some other brand that was just as fabulous.
 
 
 
 
So, it is now the day after, I think I now have room in my belly for more food -- and Black Friday is in full swing.  Speaking of Black Friday -- I thought I'd try my luck at my first ever Black Friday Shopping experience.  I went to one store -- saw the lines that wrapped around the store in order to check out -- and walked back out.  I have no patience with shopping or waiting in long lines.  Guess I'll never be able to experience the wonderful Black Friday sales.  Oh well -- I'll at least keep in tact whatever small amount of sanity I still have!

Anyhoo -- I hope you all have a great weekend!

;~ '} Frances


No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate Please

Followers

Labels

Powered By Blogger

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP