Search This Blog

Monday, June 15, 2009

Dallas

Did I mention that Andrea Bocelli is AMAZING????? We went to his Dallas concert this past Saturday -- and were blown away by his voice! Also with Andrea were two wonderful singers, Eglise Gutierrez and Heather Headley. He has two more concert dates in the US, Madison Square Garden in NY, NY and Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, CT.

The majority of the concert consisted of songs from operas (Carmen, Traviata, Nabucco). Rick and I were both talking about how short the two hour concert seemed. It just proves that time flies when you're having fun! The concert ended with Time to Say Goodbye. He was gracious enough to satisfy the concert goers with several encores -- one of them, my favorite, The Prayer!!!

We stayed at the Sheraton downtown Dallas, where I took a photograph looking outside my window. I, of course, popped the puppy into Photoshop. Here's what the final looks like.



Oh, almost forgot my "brush-with-fame" moment (PS Rick said (with a huge sigh) "you're not going to blog about this, are you?). We were having dinner at the Palomino (great restaurant FYI) when we noticed Babe Laufenberg arriving (would you believe this was my second time being tables away from him????). They were seated two tables to my left. Then (OMG) Jason Garrett tried to squeeze by me, but being quite comfortable with the position of my chair, I declined to let him through. Not really, it just makes for a better story! After he saw that there wasn't enough room to squeeze by (that's why I'm going to the Y this morning), he went around the other way. Shucks!

I can hear you all saying -- that's a brush with fame? Sad to say, it's a yup for me.
I'm up here in Wichita Falls, Texas -- where the closest I get to fame is being in the Kay Yeager Coliseum during a concert. If you're not a Dallas Cowboy's fan, then you'll have zero appreciation for my story -- and I apologize.

If you're looking for a nice restaurant near Downtown, Dallas, click on today's title for more information on the Palomino restaurant.

Well, time to work off this weekend's overeating session.

Have a wonderful week!

Frances

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate Please

Followers

Labels

Powered By Blogger

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP