Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Lemons into lemonade

Was I mad! Fuming mad! Hey, but I'm over it. It all started last Wednesday, when we boarded our AA flight to Philadelphia. Actually, I am going to have to roll back time to about two hours before our flight. I'm checking in my luggage, and the very nice rep asked us if we would like to change our seats (we were already sitting together and I had a window seat), to their "honeymoon seats". She stated that we would have more privacy as this was a two seat row. The way she hyped up the seats is that they were "better" than our original seats. Being the moron that I can be I said "yes". Note to self -- ask more questions. When we finally boarded -- much to my disappointment, the honeymoon seats are 1) at the end of the plane, 2) by the galley, 3) by the restrooms, and best of all 4) next to the very noisy and huge engine. Oh, I did have the window seat, just couldn't see anything or take pictures of anything (other than the engine).

Well, lucky us, the plane was full, so we could not move away from the "honeymoon seats". And I was stuck looking at the engine for 3.5 hours.

So word up -- AA should not call these (at least row 32 A & B) "honeymoon seats", they should be called "time out seats".

Ok -- now time for the lemonade. At some point (my sense of sight was increasing because my sense of hearing was decreasing from the engine noise) -- I looked out at my friend the engine -- and noticed that the sun was creating some amazing patterns on the engine. I snapped about a dozen shots -- and decided to play with one of them this morning.

Here's what the original and final look like.





So what did I learn? Don't assume when they try to change your seats that you are getting something better. ASK QUESTIONS! Well, maybe I am still a little sore -- but hey, I now have a lovely piece of engine art.

May all your lemons turn to lemonade!

Have a wonderful Tuesday!

Love you all -- Frances

News update -- after posting this, I was convicted of being petty. A news bulletin just came across FOX News stating that an Indonesian plane crashed in East Java killing 97 people and injuring a number more. Please pray for the families who lost loved ones and the injured in this horrible accident.

Hebrews 13:5
5 Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said,
"Never will I leave you;
never will I forsake you."

Phillipians 4:11-13
11 I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. 12 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13 I can do everything through him who gives me strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate Please

Followers

Labels

Powered By Blogger

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP